Looking for some slight assistance. (I can't get new images to become recognized and can't get email registration working.) [English]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Looking for some slight assistance. (I can't get new images to become recognized and can't get email registration working.) [English]

Sorry, my German is terrible, so I'll stick to English hoping someone can either understand or use Google Translate and reply.

I am using .96 latest release, and I cannot get the system to see new images I upload.

I upload new images to www/images and rebuild the images list and none of them show up.

I have also tried manually entering the names into the images.css and settings.dat file, following the convention of other name/formatting, and I'm still unable to add them.

I've tried with .gif files, .jpg files and .png files (as well as renaming .jpg and .png files with a .gif extension.)

It doesn't work.

Years ago, I built both a .96 and .95 site and heavily modified them, I was able to do this back then, maybe I'm missing a step?

I'm also having trouble getting the site to send emails... I'm using 1and1 hosting (non-dedicated) and have set up the SMTP settings in settings.dat but no email goes out. Is there some way to manually register users from the admin control panel without using that email mechanism?
      hi,

for me its a little bit late to write all the answers for you.
      But i promise, tomorrow, i will.

I didnt do anything on the GTChat since.... i dont know, so i must see the files... Tomorrow.

Best Regards

Edit:first... helpfull, when u send me your Chat Data and webspace data